Sometimes vacation lasts for a few days, and thoughts of wasting time on adaptation are depressing. For some people, changing time zones has a greater impact than for the others. In any case, you should know that jet lag the most affects the following categories of people:
- Pregnant women
- Elderly people
- Immunocompromised People
- People abusing cigarettes and alcohol
- People abusing coffee
- People with hypertension, hypotension and migraines
- People crossing several time zones at a time.
Therefore, if you belong to one of the above categories, you should pay special attention to the issue of adaptation when changing time zones. The body needs a day to adjust to the difference of just one hour. However, this process can be accelerated. Here are six tips that will suit all categories of people and will help quickly recover after changing time zones.
Do not forget that you need to move in the plane about once in hour.
Immobility causes edema and increases the risk of thrombosis of the deep veins of legs. Has it even once happened to you that at the beginning of the flight you took off your shoes, and before going out you would hardly put them on? This can be avoided by dispersing blood every hour during the flight; it is enough just to walk a minute or two in the aisle.
Force yourself to eat according to your usual schedule.
For example, you used to have dinner at 14.00. In the new city, also dine at this time, even if this common time turns into a deep night! If you have no appetite at all, eat something light. A salad, for example. Remember that a scheduled meal will help you switch the biorhythm faster. On the day of the flight, do not drink coffee and rearrange your watch for the duration of the new time zone. This will help to quickly adapt biorhythms to new realities.
Not only organizing your travel schedule is important.
Time spent on a plane can also work against you if you drink alcohol. The problem is in dehydration. In the plane, air is dry and the food is salty, and you become dehydrated. Alcohol only aggravates it.
Trouble with sleeping on plane.
Many people (especially people suffering from insomnia) cannot sleep on the plane because of hypersensitivity to the environment: light, sounds, people, food and uncomfortable position. They arrive at the destination completely morally and physically exhausted.
Moreover, at the following day, they cannot fall asleep even in a luxurious hotel room. Recommendations for flights to those who are having trouble sleeping:
- in the night flight you need a sleeping pill;
- If possible, use day flights even for long flights and try not to coincide with the time of sleep.
When you have to get up earlier and go to bed earlier, the following recommendations will help to rebuild the biorhythms:
- After even two hours spent on the plane, try to fall asleep for several hours until the noon. Use a sleep mask and earplugs, which are given on board, or stock them in advance. If you cannot fall asleep, avoid bright lights and / or wear sunglasses.
- Wear sunglasses after landing at your destination.
- On the first day at your destination, wear sunglasses until 12.00. Then try to be in the sun, especially between 13.30 and 16.30. If you have to spend this time indoors, take ten-minute breaks every hour for sunbathing.
- Immediately after arrival, you can drink coffee, but no later than 15.00. At night, sleep as long as possible, do not set the alarm clock, but do not sleep at the daytime.
When you have to get up later and go to bed later, the following recommendations will help to rebuild the biorhythms:
- Once you are comfortable in the plane, put on a sleep mask, insert earplugs, turn on relaxing music and try to sleep. If the flight is long, take sleeping pills.
- Wear sunglasses and take them off two hours before landing and try to stay in the sunlight coming through the window or close to the artificial one as long as possible.
- On the first day at your destination, take off your sunglasses and stay in the sun as long as possible, preferably until the evening.
- Eliminate daytime sleep and caffeine on the first day of arrival.
It is easy to see that preparing your body for a change of time zones is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. It is only necessary to come down this issue wisely and think about your health and well-being. This is the most important thing, and it determines the quality of future rest with all the impressions that accompany it, and the results of business meetings, which from time to time require long-distance trips. Think about your trip in advance- hire a car at rentalcars24h and you will be able to make yourself comfortable after a long flight.